United_States
Re: Progression of Hip/Lower torso movement

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Why bother.
why? because YOU brought it up...

Which led to this gem...

Quote:
been there, done that.. no thanks. What is the real point in debating physical understanding with people who (while they can't do anything meaningful in person), love to debate things they are completely incapable of, then get upset when you told them the truth all along. It's always been that way in budo, right. So you have some competent people debating people who are nothing more than good writers, with a new venue...the internet.
I know a better way. Meet, compare and be nice to each other. Debate it, while you're trying to remain vertical in front of me. Then we will both know just who actually knew what they were talking about all along and no one is upset. Then, like before, we will laugh, have fun to boot and talk about how much we both still suck!
Seems a better way to "debate" physical movement is in person.
Have a bad day today Dan? Mike hasn't been involved in this discussion, so you can put your internet claws away. We were having a civil discussion here, not an arguement. Nobody was challenging anyone or telling them they don't get it or are wrong. If you don't want to further discuss the ideas that YOU brought into the thread, then just say so. You're not going to hurt anyones feelings... Just don't go hiding your unwillingness to do so behind this whole "who's going to debate me" schtick. That tone didn't exist in the thread before you brought it with you.

Quote:
Another more succinct one if from Taiji
I know them, but they do not know me...
Read as "I feel, sense and control their centers
But they cannot find mine."
How do you successfully debate that...in writing? Imagine those two guys (real experts) trying to debate with some of the folks on the internet.
All the best
Dan
Debate, especially the way you use it, has an unsavory tone to it. They could definitely discuss it Dan...