View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 AM   #219
Gernot Hassenpflug
Dojo: Aunkai, Tokyo
Japan
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

[quote=Ignatius Teo;174665]Thanks, that's precisely what I'm getting at.... my wife has really strong qi (from years of singing)... you can bounce a quarter off her six-pack... and she's really loud too... for a dimunitive woman but in terms of her ability to use jin/kokyu in any sort of martial context is pretty much nil.[]/QUOTE

Heh, she is likely also good proof that she doesn't need good jin to beat your butt flat :-) Sounds like my fiancee, same singing, same sixpack, same loud, same diminutive, same kicks my butt LOL. But such a lady does make a quite good training partner for push/pull, and also for training her yourself, since she is likely to understand the ideas and how the spine is used.

Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote: View Post
So back to the question at hand /snip/ is Ki-Aikido or Taiji effective in developing qi /snip/
Indeed, it is back to front. If specific exercises were taught correctly with the goal explained, then the aikido and tai-chi would have qi/chi in it as an effect, and people wouldn't be analysing forms but rather the store, release and flow of ki, its associated mechanics, and the pros and cons of different and different levels of mechanisms/power train components.