View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #27
Leon Aman

Philippines
Re: Fight or Quit: there is no choice

Quote:
John Boswell wrote:

Think about it: when you "try something," are you really giving it your best effort?

POINT IS: If you're going to DO something, then by God... DO IT!

Quiting is NOT an option.

Quiting... can also get you killed, maimed, injured, humiliated, and set up for losses in the future.

If you do something and loose, at least you know you did your best and need to improve. If you do something and fail, you know you have more to learn and have room to grown. But if you do something and walk away, YOU will be the one defeating yourself.

... and that is the worst defeat of all.
Quitting is not an option if you quit that would be the worst defeat of all, if you are going to do something just do it don't try it because when you try it your not giving out your best. I think that is what the whole message is trying to convey.

When someone quits regardless of situations , does it mean one didn't do his best but instead he just tried it and this could be considered as a worst defeat? When the student walk out the mat every time he took a test does it mean he didn't do his best? I believe we've missed some points here.

"NOT Quiting... can also get you killed, maimed, injured, humiliated, and set up for losses in the future."

Isn't that more defeating if one doesn't willing to accept defeat?

Life wont end to those who are quitting. every walk out to fight, walk out to test ,quit to every challenge has a specific reason. but not necessarily mean one didn't do his best.

Just my thought

leon