Thread: Aiki Doh's
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #80
Dennis Good
United_States
Re: Aiki Doh's

I have many of my own Doh's but first I would like to share one from one of my partners. This occured in a Judo class. Everyone was paired up and doing rondori. I was a Yon Kyu but with my Aikido experience I was paired up with a Shodan. He is one of those overly competitive go all out no retreat no surrender kind of guys. I'm holding my own against him. My judo technique is not up to his level but I am no push over either. He makes his move, enters in for Harai Goshi, a sweeping hip throw. With a yell that can be heard in the next county he gives it everything he has. The only problem is he had zero kuzushi. So I'm just standing there dumbfounded, for about 5 seconds while he is pulling on me screaming like a madman on one foot and attracting the attention of everyone on the mat. I finally twist and sweep his supporting leg and drop him like a sack of potatoes. I then get a standing ovation from everyone in class, even the Sensei. It wouldn't have been so bad, had he not made such a production.