View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 06:39 AM   #27
keane
Singapore
Re: Aikido against judo

Alright thank you all for your replies =) But the thing is i was firstly inspired by O Sensei, I rem reading that he easily threw both Shioda and Tohei Sensei when they "challenged" him.Both of them had Judo background.I know this isnt the best example.But Tohei Sensei cld defend himself against them too, needless to say Shioda sensei.Then i also read that Tohei Sensei's students cld do it too.I repeat his students as well.I believe when they accepted those challenges, the odds wasnt favorable to them.I need to know whether if i wld be able to defend myself if i continue practicing Aikido.Like i said before i started Aikido because i love the philosophy behind it and the martial aspect.I don;t want to learn it for like 15yrs, and i cant defend myself with it.And actually teach it to ppl when i am not even confident in defending myself.There must be something wrong somewhere.I am sure all the earlier practitioners cld defend themselves without a problem.Alright just want to know if you guys can take on your friend in just a friendly,you know,wrestling kinda thing.Not questioning the ability of anyone.I just need assurance.

Sorry i am now in a stated where i am confuse again.I really want to continue believe that Aikido is the Art that i have been looking for.But now i cant even defend myself against layman? I wld really hope if someone has the footage when Tohei sensei takes on other ppl like i mentioned just earlier.Just that probably seeing is believing.