Thread: Howdy, Y'all
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
phil farmer
Dojo: Nacogdoches
United_States
Howdy, Y'all

Okay, other than the President, most people from Texas don't sound like that but I just had to say it. My name is Phil Farmer and I have been practicing Yoseikan Budo for 12 years. I have my own dojo in Nacogdoches, Texas (the oldest town in Texas) and am located 130 miles north of Houston and 90 miles South southwest of Shreveport, La.

I am currently the Vice - President of the U.S.Y.B.A. and have been an officer of the organization for the last 6 years. I am also a board member of the Yoseikan World Federation. As part of my Yoseikan classes I also use Pilates and SportYoga to develop strenght and balance. As you will note from time to time, I have spent a long time researching Yoseikan and love to write about it and correct misconceptions or provide information.

Away from the mat I am your run of the mill social worker with two advanced degrees and 27 years of experience as a therapist. All of that and about $5 will get me a bowl of chili here in Texas. Look forward to having good conversations with all.

Phil Farmer