Thread: New to Aikido
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
CBJ
Dojo: Aikido Shugyo Dojo
Canada
New to Aikido

Hi Everyone.

I love Aikido and I love practicing. I only started in August of 2005 and have dedicated 6 to 7 days a week of practice consistently. And I have met the most incredible people through my dojo and at seminars! But I have a question that hopefully you can help me with. There is a person in my dojo who I feel has taken a disliking to me. Not that I wish that everyone in this world to like me, but I do not think that I have caused any reasons to have this person take such a position that she has. I am still kind to her though, regardless of her feelings. I still try to practice with her and be an honest uke. But I do not think she enjoys me practicing with her though. She was a kyu higher than me when I started, but I have recently progressed higher and am trying to keep bettering myself in Aikido. She defintely makes it clear that she does not like me.

I don't want to sound like I'm a "cry baby", that is not my intention. Since I am new, I only want to know if these type of situations "just happen" an is quite normal. How have you handled situations like this at your dojo? Like I've said before, I have met and am friends with most of the warmest and kindest people in Aikido. I really have a passion for this.

Thank you in advance.

Corey