View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 08:00 AM   #12
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Steven Seagal Interview

Quote:
Shaun Ravens wrote:
Personally, having been on the inside and outside of many of the latter circumstances, I would say two things about these kind of things:

1. If you really think you need to know, it better have something to do with improving yourself or your aikido.
Given that Seagal has said many things publicly and has deliberately made himself the object of public attention, I personally can't see why people should be discouraged from asking questions by stipulating it "better have something to do with improving yourself or your aikido." Looking at the website Ron posted, I noticed something about the CIA and did a quick cross-check via some search engines. Here's just one of a number that show up on Google:
http://www.lukeford.net/profiles/pro...ven_seagal.htm

Apparently there are some very valid questions about some of Seagal's claims; that's a fact that is apart from any attempt to either gratuitously denigrate or to gratuitously enhance Seagal's reputation. Hopefully, anyone who has the best interests of Aikido and Aikidoka at heart will encourage people to keep looking and asking questions. I was certainly interested in Seagal's reputation for credibility at one time, simply because I like to have an indicator that will tell me how heavily I can weight someone's pronouncements about the martial arts. Personality isn't the issue... weighting and judging sources of information is the issue.

FWIW

Mike Sigman