View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 01:45 AM   #16
xuzen

Dojo: None at the moment - on hiatus
Malaysia
Re: Never use this technique!!

Quote:
Gianluigi Pizzuto wrote: View Post
Hi people. This is just a question to satisfy my curiosity, but that in the end can help you be realistic on your skills.

I don't want to enter the discassion of real fight already talked about milions of times, but the question is:

If you had to face a real fight, which one is the technique (if there is one) that you would never use? The reasons might be many, like you don't find it realible, too risky coz if you don't get it right will let your guard way too open to a counter, you think with your actual skill chances to pull out that technique are very low...and so on.

As a beginner I cannot answer to this question, because I still am not confident with none of my techniques hee hee.
I can't speak for myself because I have only been in DOJO BRAWL (TM) never in a REAL FIGHT (TM).

However, if I recall correctly, Kancho Shioda used the following in REAL FIGHT:

i) Sokumen Iriminage against a knife thrust while he was stationed in Shanghai during the war.
ii) a tegatana downward strike (shomen-uchi) on the knee/shin of an assailant and he broke the assailant's legm also in Shanghai
iii) A mune-tsuki punch into the stomach of the above mentioned assailant's goons and the said assailant was floored completely.
iv) Shihonage against a American GI with boxing background during the Occupation period.
and...
hiji-ate kokyu nage as well as shiho-nage.

There are some techniques I may have missed out because I am recalling from memory right now.

Boon.

SHOMEN-ATE (TM), the solution to 90% of aikido and life's problems.