View Single Post
Old 01-23-2003, 04:57 AM   #1
zeoblade
Dojo: QLD Aikido Centre
Freaky! Rolls and breakfalls

Hi everyone, my name is Marcus Leong and I have just started practicing Aikikai Aikido under Morris Sensei at the QLD Aikido Centre in Burleigh on the Gold Coast, Australia this week. I am very excited and so keen to learn all the curriculum right now and what consolidated my decision to study Aikido was what you all have wrote on these forums. Believe it or not, I have read all the threads that I am interested in before I have posted one of my own. Hopefully I will have the chance sometime soon to write of my own knowledge to contribute to this website as everyone else has contributed.

Being so new, all the language is foreign to me, could someone direct me to a database of the vocabulary and a manual for etiquette?

How long will it take for me to be able to sit comfortably on my knees? It feels like circulation has been cut off and the stretch of the ankle is too much for now.

More to the point, everyone says I'm good in rolls and breakfalls (I don't know what the word for it is, I think Ukemi?) especially for my 2nd lesson, but I feel differently because I feel dizzy and about to go unconscious. It feels like a coup-counter-coup injury because I can't take the inertia. Has anyone ever experienced the same or know what I am doing wrong and how to correct it? I've just been told to stop to recover and I don't know if it is just a matter of getting used to rolling. Thank you in advance.

Marcus