View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #105
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: Seiseki Abe Sensei video....whats going on here?

Quote:
Christian Moses wrote: View Post
That darn Josh and his Western mindset, if only he could be exposed to some Eastern thinking... (If you know Josh's background, you know why this is teh funnay).
Hi Christian,

Of course, I don't know either you or Josh. If you re-read my post you will see that I did not comment on Josh, per se. I did comment as to a particular method of analysis, calling it the "Western mindset" and applied it to the comments he made. This is no way says anything about Josh, only about the comments. As far as backgrounds go, he could be a 100% pure blooded native Japanese Buddhist Monk who has written books on Comparative Asian thought processes for all I know. That still wouldn't make the comments any less "Western minded" nor make him any more eastern minded. There is a saying that may ring true, "Those in the West may yearn for what is East, but no more so than Easterners Looking West.

Quote:
I don't need to speak for Dan, but this simply isn't what he's talking about.
Sorry, Christian. I may be confused here, but my comments in that post were not to Dan.

Quote:
Can you go into more detail about what your talking about here (in real physical terms)? I'm having a hard time imagining how this can happen in an Aikido scenario. I've had a lot of people try to describe to me what they were doing in terms like these, but they were always using subtle strategies and dynamics that had nothing to do with my happy place. This is not a meant as a straw man or rhetorical question, I'm trying to understand what you're saying here.
Christian, thanks for clarifying your intentions. The question is certainly very fair and particularly valid. I am basing my understanding and methods upon several instances where I was in imminent danger of being severely beaten or killed and converted these situations into something very different. These situations were with persons who I am sure have no qualms about doling out any level of punishment on their intended victims. I re-wrote this section three times, deleting each lengthy, detailed narrative one after the other. Without pounding out a chapter of a novel or inviting you into a dark corner of my interesting past, I will just spare everyone the details. So Christian, I guess you will have to be find your own happy place until we can meet up at some point and discuss it over some beer and sushi.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.