View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #19
DH
United_States
Re: Some similarities in Internal Body Skills between Chinese and Japanese arts

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
Always the personal shots, Dan. No answers; personal shots.
Who gave the cheap shots Mike?
Let's examine that -including the one above- and let everyone decide.
I stated a topic related and accurate comment on another board:
Quote:
You also might want to consider that Hong considers peng to be chansi-jin, "the one jin" in the first place, and not rooting or bouncing out with the dantien or the Sigman ground path model; it's more inclusive and complex than a single path.
It was a neutral statement that highlighted your (self admitted and agreed to) view for comparison.
To which I received (bold notations added by me):

Quote:
I realize that there will be another of the many archived "sudden silence when telling questions are asked" answers, (Cheap shot 1) but let's take this comment by Dan Harden:

So, Dan, since you're the expert(Cheap shot 2) and you're using my name to establish your own bona fides (a very traditional keyboard tactic that goes back to the 1990's,(Cheap shot 3) if anyone wants to check various archives), how does "groundpath" work in relation to this comment from the Taiji classical literature:

"The root is in the feet, Jin is generated from the legs, controlled by the waist and expressed through the hands and fingers. From the feet to the legs to the waist must be integrated with one unified Qi."

Could you give us your explanation of what "the one jin" is (a term that I introduced as far back as the 1990's)? Can you for just once explain in definitive terms what the factual problem is, rather than just throw my name out on BS public forums?(Cheap shot 4) At least on the old Neijia List we had the habit of explaining the issues rather than just trying to trivialize via assertion, self-proclamation, (Cheap shot 5)and so on.

Regards,

Mike Sigman
Stop guaranteeing things you are not qualifed to address and I'll stop reminding you of that fact.

Quote:
I just laid it out for you, direct from the Taiji classical literature that everyone uses:
And I just laid it out for you what i read, was told and shown.

Quote:
The jin that starts from the feet, is controlled by the waist and is expressed in the fingers.
That can exist in a duel form at the same time.

Quote:
That's the basis. If you want to pretend that you know more about how that applies to reeling-silk, go for it (cheap shot 6).
I'm not the one pretending to know the basis for all that is internal-you are.

Quote:
If you have any knowledge, try showing it by debating a point rather than trivializing everyone
I do it often, just not with you. Talking with you is a waste of my time that I enjoy occasionally- like today on a beautiful snowing day here in New England.
Quote:
If all you can do is cheapshot anyone and everyone as not being as great as you, it gets the discussions nowhere.
(Cheap shot 7) and totally off topic context. I didn't discuss me at all.

Remember the disgusted posts from people over the years about how all your posts seem to be advertisements for Dan Harden's greatness? (cheap shot 8)
You haven't changed. If you have any knowledge, try showing it by debating a point rather than trivializing everyone. (cheap shot 9)

Again, do you think you are capable of making a post and not personally attacking me with this passive / agressive nonsense and then playing "the sensitive victim" when I respond to it in a very direct manner?
Good luck in your search
Dan