View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #72
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Fingers spread or together?

Quote:
Ike Spenser wrote: View Post
Too many people are being way too sarcastic here. If there's even one serious person left out there, I could explain a lot more, but I can't give you any more references than I already have, most of this stuff is ingrained into me, I can't remember where I learned a lot of it. I'm a 72 year old, half senile old croaker, you'll have to do a lot of your own study.
Besides the five years in Japan, I spent way more time with chinese styles and daoism, in taiwan, vietnam and america. Not to mention korea and thailand.
Also I was raised on an indian reservation, and started with native indian martial arts.
So, if you're a straight aikidoka, a lot of my explanations might be hard, if not nearly impossible, to follow.
It would be easier if you'd give me some of your background, and something of your personal philosophies, so I would know how better to reach you.
Hi Ike, welcome to Aikiweb. I think most of the sarcasm is being driven by your use of the term 'ki gland' - most people refer to those locations in the body as ki or qi "points" along the qi meridians as found in Traditional Chinese medicine. Also, there is a large percentage of Aikidoka that do not view ki or qi as being all that important to their Aikido. I would call it a point as well and not a gland, but I knew what you were talking about - there is a ki point at that location in the hand - I believe the Chinese call it the Laogong point.

Greg

Last edited by gregstec : 03-09-2012 at 11:45 AM.