View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Metaphors

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote: View Post
Perhaps we are all just doing the best we can to express our thoughts in what they are to us, what they are like, and what they are not.

IMHO, just because they do or don't match someone elses expression doesn't mean they are right/wrong, good or bad.

That is one of the limits of language and communication. What I hear someone say gets translated into my langauge and the meanings may not match. Happens all the time.
Now I feel that one of the biggest functions of ki is to allow communication between people who have no common language. They can understand one another through the ki. And if you've ever been the only non-speaker of the language where you are, you know what I mean: you pay a lot of attention to the person you want to communicate with and they pay a lot of attention to you and you do all kinds of stuff to get the idea across, miming, mapping, so on. And life goes on, but if you made a friend that day by paying close attention, likely, you'll soon be speaking the new language!

I think really well-developed ki can manage even better than that. But it still may not work agete on that grip of yours!

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote: View Post
Until then we will continue to miscomunicate and misunderstand, but continue the training and the journey.

Seldom are thing what they superficially seem, but sometimes they are. Wisdom/serenity is knowing the difference.
Best to you.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com