View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 AM   #4
Mark Freeman
Dojo: Dartington
United Kingdom
Re: Dreaming about MMA?

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote: View Post
There were a lot of discussion about aikido and MMA. Did you dream about doing some competition?

Watch!

http://vimeo.com/6458558
That is a pretty powerfull video Szczepan! I'm not a big fan of cage fighting to start with and watching this only confirms my belief that it is driven as much by the audience as by the fighters themselves. Many countries have banned the blood lust that used to be satisfied with dog fighting, so now we have human pit-bulls in their place, all completely legal and a HUGE money making machine.

The worst aspect I saw in the vid, was not the physical pain of the defeated, but in some the continued battering that they received well after they were completely incapable of offering any defence. Perhaps the referees operate to a different set of criteria than say those of boxing?

That said, the proponents of the 'art' (questionable use of the word) are skilled fighters and I respect that skill. But thats what it is in its pure form, just one man beating the crap out of another.

On the other hand, I really enjoy watching boxing, so I am a bit of a hypocrite, give me Sugar Ray Leonard any day, now there was an 'artist'.

regards,

Mark

Success is having what you want. Happiness is wanting what you have.