View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 07:00 AM   #302
RonRagusa
Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido
United_States
Re: Got pwned by boxer =-(

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote: View Post
I keep repeating these things over and over because this is what I was taught by my own teacher and I think it is important that someone be "fighting the good fight" so to speak. Rather than shrink this amazing art of Aikido to fit ones "little mind" of all of our psychological issues why not try to change ourselves for the better and tap into a "Big Mind" understanding of the art? Of course that is far more difficult. Letting go is the hardest thing we can ask of ourselves. But don't try to make Aikido into just another system that emanates from the fearful mind, that will never change anything for the better because it simply buys into the essentially fearful, oppositional mindset that we all have. Technique alone is not the answer. There are folks out there who could tear you apart with their Aikido whom I wouldn't for one second wish to emulate on a personal level. I hope people will look for something greater than that.
I admire your persistence George. Your head must really be starting to hurt from repeatedly banging it into that brick wall. Talk about hidden in plain sight...

Best,

Ron