View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 AM   #87
johanlook
Re: The "Jo Trick" and Similar Exercises

To tell the truth up till I met a guy who had what we are probably talking about here I thought Aikido was all just good body mechanics. I think there's something to this fascia development(which I'm still trying to get my head around), as this guy's external body mechanics looks crap. The real kicker is when someone can express force from these terrible angles against my strong angles - slowly and humiliatingly. I'm also not sure if fascia conditioning makes skin feel harder or something but light contact with him feels hard. It seems like there's not many people around who describe the fascia conditioning though - this guy talks about putting his mind out somewhere - but that doesn't do much for me. Apart from that he seems to be guessing as to how he's developed these skills(or there could be stuff he's not saying).
Personally, I'm thinking that there is a lot more to misogi than I initially thought, but since a lot of dojo I've been in practice bits of this and most have none of the development that we are speaking of perhaps there are elements missing.

Last edited by johanlook : 05-03-2006 at 07:23 AM.