View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #115
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
What do you mean not true? All the various well known styles and associations were formed by his direct students. Tohei is hardly an example against what I said. Ueshiba was not against him teaching how he taught.

Of course there would be some things that wouldn't be allowed. As I said, if you don't like it leave. There is however quite a bit of leeway. That should be respected and honoured I would say by those in the organization. Strikes me some don't know how lucky they are.

The overall tone I hear is 'oh it's not like it used to be, oh it's getting worse. ohhhhhh.' I never knew budo people could make such good whingers. Seems a bit of a contradiction to me.

Peace.G.
I was talking about the "teaching at hombu" part:

Quote:
At the hombu dojo in the early days and still up to now every teacher was allowed to teach his own particular style of what Ueshiba taught them.
I've spent a lot of time there over the years, and I've trained with most of the main characters, and that's really not the case - even when Morihei was alive.

Notice that I didn't say that things had gotten better or worse - I just said "increasingly homogenous".

Best,

Chris