Thread: Irimi Nage
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
Janet Rosen

Re: Irimi Nage

Quote:
John Powell wrote: View Post
I like Janet's way of explaining what I/we do. Enter on uke's attack side, usual thing and we try to place the entering foot ON the imaginary centerpost of the system's rotation (it generally ends up just behind uke's inside foot), then rotate uke forward witht he arm which attacked trapped and led around in front of uke in a descending arc, while the other hand is somewhere (unimportant where, just somewhere) over uke's head/neck/shoulders giving them a gentle down impetus.

Uke steps forward, doesn't like either the forward or the downward or both, and their back pulls them up and that's when the rotation reverses and we... if we're in a good mood, throw to the horizon line, and if not, throw at our feet in a sort of crumpling spine lock situation if slow, and a big Whomp if fast.

Yeah....the latter done fast does call for a nice oops! throw-your-feet-up hard backfall although - I am sure you know this but it should be said in the forum - NOT because of feeling you are going to be clotheslined. There should be no clotheslining involved, energy is going up over uke in a wave behind him.

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield