View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #78
WilliB
Dojo: Minato Aikikai
Japan
Re: To bow or not to bow

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
I'm afraid I must say that I had the same impression as Christopher. If using one's mighty google-fu to pick out differences in the beliefs and practices in the 1 billion followers of a religion, and then posting them and saying that you "got a giggle" out of it, is not ridicule, then I don't know what is.
Mary,
I simply went to the link that Christopher posted to illustrate the muslim "no bowing" rule.

I guess you did not, so I need to explain. Right after the the "no-bowing" rule, the same Sheikh also explained that there is a "no kissing" rule.

The giggling part comes when you google for muslim Arab leaders slobbering over each other. If you giggle or not, is up to you, but clearly this speaks to the relevance of Christophers link to the "no bowing" rule.

Clearer now?

Of course, the larger question is if the OP wants to go down the road to make his dojo islamically correct. If he wants to go down that road, where does he want to stop? Separate classes for females would be an obvious next demand. I say donīt go down that road, but that is just me...