View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
HanneMeijdam
Dojo: Aikido Yuishinkai dojo Leiden
Netherlands
Shall introduce myself..

Hello. I started practising aikido on a wednesday-evening in february 1988 in a dojo of Peter Bacas in Leiden, The Netherlands, and received teachings from Marja Bronkhorst. Pretty soon I did 6th-kyu examination on the Summerschool 1988 in the Hague under M. Kanetsuka Sensei and M. Fujita Sensei, who took the examinations there. And 5th kyu the same way in 1989. On the 8th of July 1992 Peter Bacas gave me my 4th kyu-grade just before Summerschool that year, so I couldn't do the graduation there......I followed stages under Kanetsuka Sensei in Brussels and in the Netherlands and finally decided to leave the dojo of Peter Bacas and to start following lessons from Tom Verhoeven at aikidoschool "Shi Zen Ryu", also in Leiden. My 3th kyu, 2th kyu and finally my ikkyu-grade (2002) I took there.
I remember Luxemburg and Brussels (EAF-courses); Classes with Maitre Dedobbeleer on several occasions, Dutch Summerschools, Ameland courses with Fujita sensei, Chester Summer-school (1991?) with Sekya-sensei; Isle of Man Aikikai 1999 with Alan Ruddock (afterwards in the Netherlands and Ireland also), 2000 Kanetsuka sensei again in Rotterdam, also in 2000 meeting Henry Kono sensei, in 2001 I went to Dublin and Galway following his classes, until recently in spring 2010 in Leiden, his lessons are intriging me...
I also went to Germany in 1995 at Asai sensei's special stage (saw Noro sensei there). Did see the former doshu on a (big) course, and recently (also in the 90-ties on a campingplace :-)) the Doshu in the Netherlands. Did a course with Endo sensei, Tamura sensei in Arnhem. Classes with Ken Cottier sensei in Leiden, where special...
Finally I mention Koretoshi Maruyama sensei whom I met in 2009 on the Summerschool of Aikido Yuishinkai, which style I practise once a week now, when I'm not ill. So times can change......But still aikido is very deer to me...and this is an understatement...