Old 12-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
billybob

Dojo: Academy of Warrior Spirit
United_States
Re: human structure model discussion

No negative no.

Quote:
Science is also not negotiation.
If you are a human being, then negotiation is second to learning to work a nipple as an infant. Scientists argue like children - and we are discussing a model, not doing experimental science - too early for that stage. May I say to you one more word: Hegel.

Heaven's man! Imagine your favorite dog as a child with a chain drooping from his shoulder. Got it? The poor thing would fall over and look at you with baleful eyes - pleading that you would give a more sensible model a chance! Do it for Rover Erick!

You surf. You can tell when there is a sea change. I can see the tide running - not everyone can - at first. You are focused on the bones. See a bigger picture than the bones - look at the tensegrity icosahedron and imagine it strung with rubber bands. If I link several of them - then deform them in a spiral movement - then let go - they spring back. I have just extended my (tensegrity) arm in the rowing exercise.

Your chain hangs limply from my shoulder. Limp is bad Erick, in more ways than one.

dave