View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #13
MM
United_States
Re: Beginners and Daily Training

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote: View Post
Understand where you are coming from Mark on the weight training thing. But I disagree a little. Crossfit incorporates weights as a core building process. Medicine Balls, Kettlebells, and even olympic weights done properly train the body appropriately to respond to loads and what not.

that said, even in Crossfit, you start out with little or no weight in many exercises until you build the core.

Lifting 1970's Arnold style, no it does very little and can actually serve as a road block...I agree with that.
Probably some cross talk here.

I should clarify that the weight training I'm talking about is going to the gym and "lifting weights." I don't know much about Crossfit. But, once you have some sort of start, weight training can help you improve. It's just that for beginners, I don't think it should be advisable at all.

Or, as you state for Crossfit, they start with very little or no weight until later. Which is what I'm trying to say. Beginners shouldn't start weight training. The training is too new for most to be able to get any benefit from the weighted resistance. So, I think we're probably agreeing here, just using different words.

Thanks,
Mark