View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 12:53 AM   #4
p00kiethebear

Dojo: Tonbo Dojo
United_States
It doesn't matter what you THINK it is. You could think that ki is urine colored kool aid that is magically produced in the appendix which pushes it through the blood in your body and becomes invisible when it leaves the body and was originally devloped by lizard gods in order to make beer taste real good.

What matters (particularly in a martial art that benifits from it) is that you know how to use whatever you think it is. Whether that means staying centered and thinking about extending or sitting down and thinking about muscles moving correctly. Knowing how to use it is what's important. If you believe it's a mystical force coming from the center, fine, it's illogical, just like love can be. If you believe it has to do with the precision of muscular reflexes, fine, that's logical, just like calculous.

From what i've seen in these forums and other places, no one is ever going to agree on what it is and i'm sick of reading people arguing back and forth about it, shut up and keiko.

No offense to anyone on these forums, i've just read enough arguing about this in other places where everyone just seems hell bent on being right.

With that in mind, let's try to keep replies to saying what you think and not saying that we're the absolute authority on ki please? Pretty please? Let's try to make this a constructive discussion. I find that the more i research the topic the more my thoughts seem to slowly evolve to a conclusion.

Sorry, hope i didn't offend anyone or sound like too much of an asshole, had to get that out of me before i did something crazy... like koshi nage on my physics teacher...

*ahem*

/End rant

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"