View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: Aikido and the Floating Bridge of Heaven

Quote:
Ernesto Lemke wrote: View Post
I'm both somewhat surprised and dissapointed this series of articles renders so little discussion. Of course there's no saying whether there are aikido dojo/individuals out there who, as a result, are having these discussions indoors.
Right now it's hard to tell how interested people really are in the first place. I think Chris is doing a mighty fine job, offering what at first glimpse are rather complex issues, ripe for a plethora of various interpretations, and bring them back to much more straightforward concepts that seem part of a larger, widerspread picture. Also, he brings them back to the level of actual physical training as espoused perhaps most notably by Dan Harden.

Two random questions:
- what does this information offer you?
- in what way does this cause a change?

Just to spark the fire a bit...maybe....
I've been trying to make them understandable, but of course some of it is hard to get without a certain background.

And of course, there are always going to be some people who thing that it is the same as whatever it is that they're already doing - although it is, in all likelihood, quite different.

Then there are those whose eyes just glaze over when they hear about spear wielding gods and the void (I sympathize, believe me).

Then there are the people who have enjoyed them and contacted me privately about them - which I appreciate, of course. It would be interesting to see more of a conversation going, though.

Best,

Chris