View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #10
Keith R Lee
United_States
Re: Why are you here on this forum?

Quote:
Don Magee wrote:
I am a casual student of aikido. I enjoy aspects of it, other aspects of it annoy me to no end. I still train a few times a month when I can find time in my busy bjj/judo training. I'm here because i like to bounce my point of view off others who might disagree with me. It helps me grow and better understand why I train. I've looked back at posts I've made on bullshido, here, and other forums and I can see how much I've grown and how my ideas on what I want to do have matured in the past year.

You will notice I normally keep myself confined to conversation on technique, martial effectiveness, and training methods. These areas are the areas that concern me. You wont see me posting in lineage battles, ki concepts, or other more 'aiki' type conversations because I'm not too terribly interested on how to generate the best ki power, or who's aikido is the real aikido.

I try not to belittle or make fun of anyone's ideas of beliefs. Rather I try to explain my point of view and see how they react. I don't really care if they see it my way or not. But the 'argument' allows me to better explore why I feel the way I feel.
This seems like as good a reason to be "here" as any.

Keith Lee