View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 AM   #402
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote:
Clearly from your exposition of Ushiro's words, you don't really understand what he's REALLY saying either.
True. I simply read and understand what he actually wrote.
Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote:
As Mike, and Dan and whoever else has said it... it's pretty clear who knows and who doesn't.
Are you all going to keep saying that until I quit laughing at it?
Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote:
I think it was very clearly established at the beginning of this thread, that we were discussing body conditioning "how-to" to develop baseline skills. You don't seem or want to understand the importance of such conditioning, choosing instead to disavow it on the basis that it is "resistant" - according to your definition.
Since we differ on what the "baseline skills" are or are designed to allow one to do in Aikido, then we can by no means agree on the needed training or conditioning for them.

Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote:
As I said before... if the "form" and "kata" provides the secret, then everyone practising the form and kata would be of Ueshiba's ilk. Are they?
Of course not, as Ushiro said, it will accomplish little if it becomes the mere "repetition of technique","becomes more and more superficial," and "vital aspects such as breath and ki energy become topics for study in word only."
He and I agree on that. Rigorous practice with the proper mind and heart is crucial. The internal arts parallel of "iron body" training that you all seem to be in for is not the same thing, at all.
Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote:
BTW, this is not directed at you as an attack, but out of a genuine concern for all those who follow a path... that goes nowhere...
Oh really. You have been to the end of that path to bring back reports, have you? Ushiro is fairly clear that he has not and as he described it, is unlikely ever to be. O Sensei has been a good bit farther, and he says this is the guide to hew to. You alll have done nthign to rebut or really even to address his points, that I ahve rasied. To be perfectly blunt, mostly Mike and Dan have dismissed him as irrelevant other than for the occasional video cameo. To be frank, I would prefer the straight attack -- it makes one's positions and intentions more clear.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.