View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 02:50 AM   #7
Tian Dan
Austria
Re: Aikido for fighting anger?

Thank you for all of your replies.

Jason, your post makes lots of sense. You had some insightful things to say. And you're right on all accounts. I hope one day I'll be able to see the same things in people like you. Flaws, not hate.

Jo, great to hear that someone already went the path. Successfully so. You bring up a good point. I was thinking too about a more heavily physical training (to let off steam so to say). Hapkido, or BJJ maybe. But I'm not sure (and how could I?) what's the right thing for me.

Xu, I'm in therapy and take medication. I'll go to a hospital in a few weeks (I'm on the waiting list) for a more focused therapy. I don't expect Aikido or any Martial Arts to solve all of my problems. But I expect it to be as much if not even more as important as seeing a therapyst. I'm in and out of seeing shrinks for 8 years now and I'm still standing at the same place...People keep saying how MA affected their life to the better. That's all I'm asking for.

Jeanne, your (last) words confuse me a bit. I know I'm bringing it all to the dojo. I hoped that I could learn there to use my negative energy and not keep surpressing it.

Again, thx for taking the time to write in.

More insights are very welcome.