Old 06-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
Chris Parkerson
Dojo: Academy of the Martial Arts
United_States
Re: Teachings and Trajectories

Quote:
Gary Welborn wrote: View Post
Chris
All of this reminds me of a program I watched on TV some years back talking about cooking and food in New Orleans....... They were talking to the vared kinds of foods that could be found in the area, an amazing variety........ One of the family members of a restaurant that specialized in French-Creole based food opened a new restaurant across the river that was to be pure French in form and taste. They brought a chief from France and off they went. After a few years the chief when back to France on a visit.....few folks recognized his cooking.....Creole spices and other local adaptations had slide into his food.....even without trying.....

Nothing stays the same...even the ingredients change from location to location even with the same names. Maybe we give honor to the historical and check the effectiveness of the now......

Gary
I resonate with your analogy and position, being from S. Texas, I cannot believe Ohio Mexican
restaurants use American Cheese and other aberrations in my favorite traditional dishes.

So what makes up the core curriculum of a thing? Is a specific understanding of Budo or spirituality necessary to uphold the essential core of Aikido?