View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #45
Tom Verhoeven
Dojo: Aikido Auvergne Kumano dojo
France
Smile Re: Mike sigman's internal strength parameters- Have you guys read this; really!

Quote:
Alex Megann wrote: View Post
For your interest, here is a recent clip of Kanetsuka Sensei explaining (in typically idiosyncratic fashion) his understanding of musubi and connection using a student's obi.

The sound quality is not good, but it does come with a simultaneous translation into Polish, in case that helps anyone...

Alex
Hi Alex,
Thank you for the clip. Kanetsuka sensei very fit here. And teaches in a totally different way from the first time I saw him. Could not really hear what he was explaining - and the Polish translation did not really help
I am familiar with the principle of musubi - put an article about this together with some photo's on my weblog earlier this year; http://aikido-auvergne-kumano.blogsp...04/musubi.html
but I am not sure if everyone who parctices Aikido thinks of musubi when they are talking about connection. From what I have read about IP/IS I get the impression that the proponents of IP/IS do mean something else by connection?
I think Kanetsuka sensei is here specifically explaining musubi.

Tom