View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #69
Toby Threadgill
United_States
Re: New Internal Style of The Wooden Staff

Quote:
John Thomas Read wrote: View Post
The precipitating event leading to his expulsion was Tenyu deciding to berate a parent in front of their child while acting as assistant kids' class instructor.

&

Tenyu was allowed into the Instructor development program in Aikibojitsu with open arms, and was freely taught based upon a very clear agreement that he not teach Aikibojitsu without permission (without an Instructor's Certificate.) He has broken that agreement, and I am writing to ensure that people know what he is really doing.
Hello,

Well....This communication from Mr Reid is good enough for me. As far as I'm concerned Tenyu is hereby advised to never darken my doorstep. I do not suffer foolishness and that is exactly what I perceive to be the case here.

Mr Christian,

In my experience, Tenyu being "honest" about his training history is little more than thinly disquised marketing. If not for Tenyu's training history under Mr Reid, he would be no more worthy of comment than any other among the ubiquitous minons of mediocre budoka believing themselves qualified to start their own system of budo. Remember this guy is not some 30 year exponent of budo holding a shihan level license, but a 4th kyu in Karate & Aikido. Also remember that he was essentially issued hamon for demonstrating very poor conduct in relation to teaching duties during a childrens class in his teachers dojo. That is pretty damning stuff.

Instead of taking a cold hard introspective look in the mirror and seeking to start anew under a new sensei/role model, he comes here with a compromised reputation and dubious technical skills to publicly announce that he has attained a level of expertise commensurate with founding his own school of budo. Did he really think that making such a declaration among instructors with decades of experience would not result in some pretty intense scrutiny? If he did not, he further demonstrates why his present course is the wrong one.

Toby Threadgill / TSYR