View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 07:56 PM   #9
ikkainogakusei
Ai symbol Gosh this is way off topic isn't it? Sorry

Quote:
mallory wikoff (Mallory Wikoff) wrote:
Robert, it's kind of hard to proove evolution when youre using the scientific method, also there are at least three laws of science that are out there that evolution breaks. They are the laws of thermodynamics, and the law of degeneration.

--first law of thermodynamics-

in any process energy is neither crated nor destroyed. Energy can change from one form to the other, but there is always as much at the end as there was at the beginning of the process.

SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS-

whenever energy is used (changed from one form to another), some of it is wasted (though not distroyed)

LAW OF DEGENERATION-

In all natural processes there is a net increase in disorder and a net loss of usable inergy. so basicaly the universe is going from order to disorder (entropy).
Hi Mallory, I'm a little hesitant to engage here but I feel moved to discuss the thermodynamics stuff since it has been a recent subject of discussion related to neuro biology.

first law of thermodynamics-- asserts that energy is neither created nor destroyed. I'm sure that you consider the difference between potential and chemical/kinetic energy. Is there somehow evidence that 'evolution' runs counter to this? Are you implying that evolution asserts that life is an energy that is created? Or that in death that energy is destroyed?

2nd law: is there some evidence that the theory of evoution asserts energy is not wasted or is it that the energy is somehow destroyed?

Entropy: What is your perspective of evolution and disorder?

It has always been my impression that since we have fossil records of whales, going from land to sea, and current records of several viruses evolving to adapt to new circumstances, or even mammals that have changed within scientific history, that evolution itself has been clear. Still, I veiw it as a theory rather than a law.The question is the origin, which I do not feel a need to answer.

Also, I am not Christian but is it not so that Jesus said that there is a special place in heaven for those who convert another to christianity (uh I think it's Matthew 18:3-5), isn't this one of the inspirations to convert?

Respectfully

"To educate a man in mind, and not in morals, is to educate a menace to society." ~Theodore Roosevelt