View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #214
Bill Danosky

Dojo: BN Yoshinkan
United_States
Re: 6 Directions

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
Steven Seagal trains IP? Not in any world that I'm aware of...

Dan Harden's in Massachusetts, so far as I know - where's Gozo Shioda now (and the point...)?

Best,

Chris
Yeah, it's one of his general responses to criticism of his (Seagall's) Aikido- They don't understand it.

So, yeah. Kancho's dead. Like Ueshiba, Tohei. My point? This Anderson Silva highlight video:

http://youtu.be/Xh84bPPNe8s

Skip the 45 second intro and see somebody who is really from another universe. And the CRAZY thing is, those are not his students or ukes. Those are the best trained, best developed fighters in the world trying to win millions of dollars. Henderson, Okami, Franklin, Griffin. VITOR BELFORT, Sonnen, Leben, Luter, the list of top, top, top level champions he makes look like complete busters goes on and on and on.

So my point- and I'm pretty sure among Demetrio's points- if you really want to see the state of the art of the 21st century, tune into what THIS GUY is doing. HE is at a level above everybody else. HE is tuned into something that helps him fight bad guys. HE has proof: over 4,400 consecutive days of UFC World Championship status.

Nobody is arguing about whether his techniques work or have martial value. We know, because he did with it what anybody who COULD, WOULD do.