Thread: Winning.
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 05:30 AM   #15
malc anderson
Re: Winning.

HI YA DAVE, YOUR POST REALLY TOUCHED ME, AND I JUST HAD TO REPLY. YOU WROTE
‘ it must be remembered - there is also the dark side of spirituality. The black, horrible parts of the soul that exist in all people - some more than others; some closer to the surface than others. If we want to understand ourselves as spiritual beings; we must be willing to take a deep breath and face the dark, rotten part of ourselves; one cannot beat something by ignoring it'.
MAY I SUGGEST THAT YOU AREN'T QUITE RIGHT IN YOUR ASSUMPTION. I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING RAJ YOGA (AS WELL MAs} FOR OVER 30 ODD YEARS AND THIS ‘THING' THAT DRIVES US FOR GOOD AND BAD, IS NOT THE REAL US INSIDE. THIS ‘THING' CONSTANTLY DRIVES US TO DO THIS AND THAT ALL DAY LONG, IT IS OUR ENEMY AND OUR FRIEND. WHEN O'SENSEI TALKS OF WINNING THE BATTLE INSIDE, HE MEANS DEFEATING THIS ‘THING'. BUT AS IT IS OUR OPERATING SYSTEM HOW CAN WE? LET GO OF THE FIGHT AGAINST IT AND SEEK SILENCE, WE CANNOT BEAT IT. BUT WE CAN PRACTICE LETTING GO BY CONCENTRATION. I WAS LUCKY I FOUND A BRILLANT TEACHER, AND IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. I HAVE IN MY 30YRS OF STRUGGLE AGAINST THE' THING', BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE EXPERIENCED ‘KENSHO' QUITE A FEW TIMES, THIS IS THE' MAGIC' THAT ALL HUMANS NEED AND MUST AIM FOR. I COME AT THIS FROM KNOWING THAT THE ‘LIGHT' INSIDE IS MY REAL GOAL. NOT FROM A BOOK OR SOME NICE THOUGHTS BUT FROM DIRECT EXPERIENCE OF THAT LIGHT, THERE IS NO DARKNESS THERE! BY THE WAY THERE IS ALSO SOUND IN THAT LIGHT TOO! SO DON'T BE HARD ON YOURSELF TRY AND FIND A MEDITATION OF SOME KIND TO HELP YOU, FIND THE INNER LIGHT, THERE IS NO DARKNESS THERE AT ALL. AND LOVE WILL FILL YOUR LIFE IF YOU TRY HARD. HERE'S SOME QUOTES FROM O'SENSEI' S ART OF PEACE
If you have not Linked yourself To true emptiness,
You will never understand The Art of Peace.

Always keep your mind as bright and clear as the vast sky, the great ocean, and the highest peak, empty of all thoughts. Always keep your body filled with LIGHT and heat. Fill yourself with the power of wisdom and ENLIGHTENMENT.
The penetrating brilliance of swords Wielded by followers of the Way
Strikes at the evil enemy Lurking deep within Their own souls and bodies
The Art of Peace is not easy. It is a fight to the finish, the slaying of evil desires and all falsehood within. on occasion the Voice of Peace resounds like thunder, jolting human beings out of their stupor.
Foster and polish The warior spirit, While serving in the world;
Illuminate the path According to your INNER LIGHT.
A true warrior is always armed with the three things: the radiant sword of pacification; the mirror of bravery, wisdom, and friendship; and the precious jewel of ENLIGHTENMENT
A warrior's mind and body must be permeated with ENLIGHTENMENT wisdom and deep calm.
MASAKATSU AGATSU, ALL THE BEST MALC