View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #47
lbb
United_States
Re: Aikido For Dummies: Desperation, period.

Quote:
Alberto Italiano wrote: View Post
behind the humour there is a serious issue Ibb.
You just refuse to see it, and I can't open the eyes of somebody who wants to keep them closed.
I'm not sure if this is an example of false premise, unqualified expert opinion or perhaps cult of personality. Maybe all three? It's the old "I'm right and you just refuse to see it" line. Now, mind you, it can be true from time to time that person A is right and person B does refuse to see it. What's bogus is when someone just pulls this line out of thin air, as you've done here. You made a post; I responded. You ignored my point and responded to that with irrelevant statistics about how many times you've been knocked out, and a sneering invitation for me to hurt you with my iriminage; I called that childishness what it is. Now I'm the one who's deluded and blindly refusing to see your point? Thanks, I can do without that kind of "enlightenment".

Quote:
Alberto Italiano wrote: View Post
As for my answer, you were mentioning my 40 yo joints - on my nose, eyebrows, and chin have landed the hooks and jabs of 6 feet tall black boxeurs. I was just stating that I haven't such concern with my joints as you seem to have. However, I do would be considerate with those of the others - but since you were mentioning mine, that's where my joints stand.
Nose, eyebrows and chin are not joints. Joints include shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees, hips and so on. Injuries to joints tend to have long-lasting or permanent effects, unlike the injuries you're speaking of. Speaking from experience, I'll take a broken nose any day over torn wrist ligaments. A broken nose is nothing. And what does the race of the boxers who hit you have to do with anything?