View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #27
Alberto_Italiano
Re: Aikido For Dummies: Desperation, period.

Quote:
Curtis Kayfish wrote: View Post
The important part is that we all agree that it is up to you to take out of each moment, and training session, what ever you can.
That's the only way and this is exactly what I'm gonna do.
I will see what extras I may add, maybe over time I can find a dedicated aikido partner with whom to practice more intensively. Maybe.

I just wish the average Dojo could have more to offer as far as being involved in a more realistic combat, and as far as letting pupils (well, 40yo ones lol) experience and follow their own inner needs and not only formal prescriptions, are concerned.

Aikido could have a significant boost, and even a better reputation as far as fighting real effectiveness is concerned, if randori would become a standard part of daily lessons.
But after all, once stated this 2 or 3 times, I cannot expect that everybody immediately understands how significantly this would help Aikido and Dojos as a whole. That's probably the only lesson in Aikido I have truly understood, but I have understood it well: we need randori as a standard.

I thank you all for your useful and meaningful insights. You have been most helpful, and a hearthfelt thank you to those who made an effort to empathize with this need of mine without judging it a freak of nature.

ciao
Alberto