View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
Lyle Laizure

Dojo: Hinode Dojo LLC
United_States
Re: Should I Re-Start Aikido?

I had a couple of co-workers say to me the other day how much they wanted to try martial arts. This is a routine statement I hear regularly and will generally dismiss it and go on about my business. In this case I ask, "Are you serious?" Their response made me laugh. Emphatically they stated how serious they were and wanted to come it etc. I think it was a Wednesday when this conversation took place. I told them the next class was Friday. "Oh, I can't make it this Friday I already have plans." I laughed and said the following class would be Monday. "Oh, I can't do it Monday. I already have plans." I said "I thought you were serious." It has been 2 weeks and still no visit. One is older, maybe 50 the other probably mid 20s to early 30s. I too will be 40 this year. I will still take the high falls when I get the opportunity. I too get winded quickly. Although I have been acitve in the martial arts I am by no means 'in shape.' We are limited only by what we allow ourselves to be limited by. Take it slow, at your pace.

Lyle Laizure
www.hinodedojo.com
Deru kugi wa uta reru