Thread: Gi brands???
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2001, 12:53 PM   #5
guest1234
Quote:
Originally posted by REK
Sparky:
JK is very good for the price. I think they are in the 50 dollar range. So for the money you would spend on a Bu Jin dogi (although a superb dogi), you can get 3 JK uniforms. For me, no contest. (insert low, apologetic bow in the direction of Boulder, CO) Oh, and if you buy 4 or more at one time, you get a discount.
Rob
I get no kickback from Bu Jin, but I must put in a comment on their gi's, for those who are willing to pay the price.
Imagine you are at a seminar in a hot location (or testing, or any other sweat-inducing situation), trying to stay hydrated, and now have five minutes in which to shed your hakama, deal with that knotted/twisted drawstring, get rid of the fluid you've been hydrating with, again deal with the drawstring, and hop back into the hakama---hopefully not too long a line! A thing of the past with Bu Jin's pants with the web belt---I absolutely love them, and I'm not even a guy, who could take full advantage of the zippered fly .
And for the women out there, yes, I think the women's top is definately a good idea. At 5'5" 115#, I needed to buy a size 4 in the standard gi, which wraped around me three times. More than once I've been 'skinned' of that kind of top by a large partner in ushiroryokatadori. The Bu Jin's women's top stays put. I think the heavy weight is too heavy in the pants, but when I wore a hakama it didn't matter so I mixed lt wt pants with heavy tops---now that I'm somewhere I don't wear a hakama, I think it looks OK anyway.

Last edited by guest1234 : 07-02-2001 at 12:56 PM.