View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #327
Walker

Dojo: 鷹松道場|Takamatsu Dojo ATL
United_States
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
To think that certain things only work in your waza. or need to be trained-in your waza only- to get internal power expresses a certain level of realization that speaks for itself.
Right... and you seem to be the one bringing it up. See Allen's post.

If you want to reinvent the wheel each and every time, more power to you, but I seem to remember another "high level" CMA teacher who was quoted as saying something like, "What I am showing seems simple after I show it to you, but you could work for two lifetimes and not discover it." I'm sure he was just trying to set the hook.

And Dan, we all have all thought many things over the years and perhaps have been mistaken about various things including sword lineages and whatnot. So many contexts and nuances that get lost in the retelling. So much water under the bridge...

BTW- Grammar, spelling and syntax were getting a bit choppy in your post and I really can't say for certain I followed everything you were saying. You may think it is incidental, but it would be far clearer and more efficient if you cleaned that up a bit.

-Doug Walker
新道楊心流の鷹松道場