View Single Post
Old 09-11-2002, 06:50 PM   #8
kironin

Dojo: Houston Ki Aikido
United_States
Quote:
John Hogan (Hogan) wrote:
Ted - this is off topic so forgive me, but do you have any info on Tohei Sensei coming to Hawaii next yr ? I have e-mailed the dojo in Hawaii for info but as of yet have not received a response. Any info would be appreciated....
There has been a lot of talk of him coming to Hawaii for the 50th anniversary of his first visit to Hawaii but I don't think anything is confirmed yet. His son is definitely coming.

Being about 82, making long plane flights is a serious matter. He had a persistent fever last year and at the last minute his doctor did not want him to travel. He wrote a long letter of apology to Curtis Sensei and sent along several extra senior people for the seminar. Still, there was certainly some egg on the face after all the advertising. He is supposed to be much better now.

They may not even advertise him coming like they did last year because it may be very well be a last minute decision for him to accompany his son depending on how well he is in 2003.

Personally, I would rather he play it safe and stick around for as many more years as possible wacking his son in to shape to be even better than he is.

Craig