View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 09:56 PM   #50
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: Regrading grabs in Aikido...

David, you are very happy that you guessed my training was in-between 5-15 years, You certainly did narrow it down; to 10 years! Excellent!

James, that clip you offered as full contact, it's a joke right? Have you seen a stick fight as done by the dog brothers? The only armor you ware is a fencing mask (ever ware a fencing mask, not exactly what I would call armor) and gloves, nothing else is padded, and you use real rattan sticks, comparing the way the dog brothers fight to that clip is laughable.

David your opinion of Aikido and mine differ, this is clear. You believe that I should spend more hours in the Dojo, and maybe I would have a more sophisticated view if I had another 20 years under my belt. I think you should leave the safety of your dojo, and try actually fighting. I think you have lots more training time then me, but much less actual experience, I think it's very strange that you believe dojo time is more important then actual fighting time, in short I don't' think you are qualified to tell me what Aikido is, or is not.

-Chris Hein
If anyone would like to continue this, you can send me a PM, as this thread has degenerated, and that is not my intention.