View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
dapidmini
Dojo: Surabaya Aikido Dojo
Indonesia
Re: It's getting annoying..

Quote:
Hanna Björk wrote: View Post
In how big portion of the aikido classes that you take part of do you teach only?
my dojo holds 6 classes a week and every senior students are asked to pair up with the new people. and there are new people coming in almost every month. so we always have to pair up with the new people. as one of the most senior students, Sensei usually put me in charge of the new people. so basically every time I attend a class, I'm supposed to pair up with the new people even though I'm not the one teaching that class.

Quote:
Jerome Cervantes wrote: View Post
go to the classes you DON'T teach, and get your practice in

and take alot of ukemi from your students
a class in my dojo where I don't have to teach is very rare. it only happens when all the students that are attending the class are above 3rd kyu.

the new people can't even do the techniques well (at least not for my standard for new people) thus my ukemi is not comfortable..

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
Ask to get paid for your work as instructor.
my dojo is in a financial trouble as it is. even the admin, who also teach some of the classes, don't get paid. we use all of the tuition money to pay for the dojo's rent and paying Sensei. the only person getting paid in our dojo is Sensei because we're having him come from a neighbor town.