View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 09:17 AM   #55
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan
Re: iwama note, censored?

Quote:
Jennifer Smith wrote: View Post
I'm grateful to Sensei Homma for writing the article in the fashion that he did. It came at a very important point during a similar incident here in California. From a journalistic point of view, it was much more relevant to the population of aikidoka to have written an open and heartfelt article based on his senses and experience
than to have mired it into some aiki governmental complaint beaurocracy. As you see, given the variety of responses here, it may have taken him a very long time to validate his impressions through someone elses lense so that he could share his impressions. None of us who have gotten to hear him or even talk about this very alive subject.
We can all have room to speak, especially in America where that is our specialty, and we can disagree, and we can discourse.
Thank You to people who speak out.
Yes, but what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. I have no objection whatsoever to Mr Homma writing an article about bad relations between the two dojo in Iwama. However, I would like to ask why Homma Sensei did not speak directly to Isoyama Sensei about this issue. After all they were both uchi-deshi of O Sensei in Iwama.

P A Goldsbury