View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #21
Walter Martindale
Canada
Re: Taking 2 different martial arts

Quote:
Harvey Roberts wrote: View Post
Hey guys,
thanks for the input. But I wasn't meaning trying to take them both at the same time. I don't really have time to do that. Just an idea of what other kind of style to take in the future. The other factor is I don't really like to use weapons. I like the thought of just using my body, hands, legs, etc... With Aikido You can take down an attacker very quickly and break bones at the same time. As far as an attacker goes, I want to take them down as quickly as possible, break bones and make a quick shot to the nose all in one type of motion. I know this sound bad, but if someone wants to attack someone to hurt, still, or kill them, than I want them to fill pain and to think twice about ever attacking anyone again. I like Aikido and will take that style, but would like to take an other style to add the attack style into Aikido.
Martial Art click-clack-pow... click - pull slide back. clack - release slide. pow - squeeze trigger with implement pointing at center of mass. repeat pow until threat is ended.
Or run like hell. (a better option - speshully where I live 'cause it's agin the law to 'carry'.) Best training for self defense is to be able to run like the wind and get the hell away from the attacker. Or run him or her over if he or she is blocking your escape route. Develop a 100 m sprint followed by a 5 km run - most people can't follow that... If the attacker catches you, you're in trouble, and it would be to your advantage to be able to defend yourself with whatever works. Some people find that Aikido is suitable.

W

what time zone is this aikiweb server based in - says here my post was sent at 2:45 PM but it was 10:45 PM here in Ontario... Hawaii? Last time I asked Jun he told me it was based in the mountain time zone but that can't be right...

Last edited by Walter Martindale : 04-05-2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: query...