View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #24
thisisnotreal

Re: the changed body

Quote:
Tom Holz wrote: View Post
Josh, I would be happy to show you in person just about everything I'm working on to change the way I hold my body and move at all times, e.g. so that I am constantly balanced in myself between pairs of opposing intent.
Tom
Quote:
Upyu wrote:
Unfortunately this is just one of those things that no amount of information digging will help you until you get some hands on experience. Don't blow too many brain cells conceptualizing until you actually physically build your body up a bit
Tom, Rob,
Of course, I already believe you and know you are both right. Tom thank you for the offer; it is very kind. I will take it to PM.
I guess for some reason I feel self-possessed to try to take my understanding to its limits...on my own. To take it as far as I can, so that I know I did my level best..and then when my socks are blown it will mean all that more to me. I believe, fwiw, that there are loads of pointers here (and there) so that one could piece... something.. together. What kind of a frankenstein partial/fractured thing it is..i dare not say. I want to see how close i can get. Think i got something..willing to renounce that at some future time. I know time is limited; so I won't waste too much more of it.

All that being said,
One thing I am wondering about is that all those 'in the know' are saying the same things. This work is thee way to train; this is thee way to change the body for good. This way will enable/cause changes in the fascial films; This will enable control of the various systems of the body (that are usually under involuntary control). This stuff is IT, for lack of a better word. But i also know that truth is messier or more complex. I wonder, for instance if there is any negative or down side to the work? We've, for instance, all seen Schwarzenegger's deflated muscle-body now that he is older... I wonder what happens if you stop the kind of work that gives you IT. I also wonder personally; and thru comments like Rob's above about the body changes..and not being sure I/we/he likes them. I do personally understand that kind of comment; and am wondering if and what any tradeoffs are involved in the decision to 'take this up'. For instance, by taking conscious control of things that are usually automatic/autonomic ...what kind, if any, dangers are being implicitly assumed? I am trying to count the cost before embarking on the path that so many laud. Is it clear?