Thread: What do we do?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #23
Dojo: Searching for a new home
Re: What do we do?

Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. We've got the three, Darrell, Michael and John. Steve Ivey is apparently out of the picture. I get rumors that he had some bad health stuff go down, which is a real shame, his aikido was great.

But, it is a small world and we do actually notice when someone new comes around. And this guy just doesn't smell right to me. Why not list lineage and background? And his real job has gotten him some poor reviews, which reinforces the shady hit I'm getting.

Hey, I am sorry I came off as a creeper and/or a spammer on my msg in your blog. I really would just like to help any way I can. I know how it is, and I find myself in a unique position, that is, I'm not used to being able to help folks.
I believe Ivey hurt his neck and had surgery. He has popped into our dojo a couple times over the past few years, but that is about it. None of the three have classes that you can attend?

Oh, I also had a question about that guy you speak of. I haven't come across his page. I did come across an iaido study group where all of the people in the photos were wearing red, blue, black or white gi's and belts. Thought that was interesting....

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.