Thread: Buddhist Wisdom
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
tony cameron
Buddhist Wisdom

Hey you all (y'all),

Todays quote in "Glimpse After Glimpse" by Sogyal Rinpoche:

"If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything; it is open to everything. In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few."

SUZUKI-ROSHI

I have been reading this book (Glimpse After Glimpse) over and over again for many years (hoping that some of the eternal wisdom would sink in and it never ceases to amaze me how similar the quotes in this book are to things that O Sensei would say. I guess in the end, all Masters sound similarly cryptic and wonderful at once. I know that O Sensei was not technically Buddhist, but then again maybe he wasn't not a Buddhist either (ha!). Actually, he reminds me more of the Lao Tzu than anything. Please feel free to throw your favorite quote of wisdom onto this thread Here's another fave:

"This existence of ours is as transient as autumn clouds
To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of a dance.
A lifetime is like a flash of lightning in the sky,
Rushing by, like a torrent down a steep mountain."

- LORD BUDDHA

and..

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."

- Obi wan-Kenobi