View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #77
chubbycubbysmash
Dojo: Long Island Aikikai (Bay Shore)
United_States
Re: What do you do when a student is acting rudely in your class.

Ack, should have been clearer-I was referring to some of the responses that I feel crossed into attacking the OP personally, and that made me sort of sad (including lying, exaggeration, inability as a teacher etc. along with the actual reasonable solutions. The posters probably didn't mean it that way but that's how it came across to me). I know having to hear about this makes people mad, especially when the guy does seem not exactly right in the head and it seems like no one is doing anything, but speaking so... I don't know, aggressively? to the OP...

I thought the OP was really polite in how he was speaking and addressing concerns and doing his best under the current circumstances. I know the internet doesn't have tones so it's difficult to really get a grasp on an accurate feel of what other people are trying to get across.

I'm all for booting the guy out, one way or another, but it's not always as easy as opening the door and physically tossing him to the streets. (Maybe it is for some people, I don't know, but obviously not for OP and his dojo. I don't think it would be easy for me either, honestly, if I was in his position.)

Anyway, sorry for the confusion. I was just really taken aback by some posts. I shall now zip up my big mouth!

Much luck to the OP in finding a good way to effectively deal with this guy.

I'm not brave or smart or particularly generous, but I'll take my values and live by them--and that is my standard measurement of strength.

Visit Us!