Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: The Leather Man

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
David
That was kind a' wierd man.
You don't know how I train.
Well, that's what I'm trying to ascertain--make sure I'm on the same page, at least in general.

Quote:
You don't know how Ark trainsThe video's are surface material for others
Most of my ideas about Ark come from the Aunkai website, where there is a good bit of presentation and explanation. I just get the sense that the "structure" is made for balancing the whole systems of bone, muscle, fascia, etc. Again, I made these statements to get some responses and think about them.

Quote:
I'm glad you read about fascia and fascial sheeting. But in all honesty..Knowing about it won't get you anywhere.
Well, I didn't read about it. I became aware of it through direct experience while doing Feldenkrais. I recognized the difference between the muscle relaxing and the fascia opening and I came to several recognitions of how the fascia works as a whole unit.

Quote:
With the right kind of instruction I'll see ya in 5 years, maybe, juuuust maybe you'll have a little something.
I have to say, I feel better, already. I don't feel like a super martial man yet, but I'm thinking about how it all fits together.

Quote:
Personally, other then laying out a roadmap, I don't talk about it much at the beginning.
What kind of roadmap do you lay out at the beginning?

Quote:
...the "winding" I talk about is on different levels. Without starting one, you'll never get to the other. One, method-while being internal- is not so internal as the other. And some winding I've seen is no more internal than dance, pilates or gyrotonics.
Well I am interested in what you mean by "winding."

Quote:
I am confused why you say it has never been brought up. Its been brought up many, many, times....Mike has brought it up countless times. Its very wierd to hear you ask why he hasn't brought it up. I've made a few posts about it as well and talked about some of the aspects of it as a whole body distribution system. Where -you- been bud?
Your recent references to a whole-body distribution system came right back to me when I felt the different systems working and I realized what you meant, then. I also realized what Mike was refering to in the "suit under the skin" reference. B.K. Frantzis also contributed to that recognition with comments he has made on the subject. But I don't think any of you has really pointed out
kind of unified system that it really is. Following Mike's "suit" comments, your reference to a load distribution system (and, I think, a general muscular tonus moderator) did point me there. But it was in Feldenkrais that I actually felt that system in operation and sensed more directly its nature.

Thanks.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com