View Single Post
Old 08-13-2000, 07:31 AM   #4
Tetsutaka
Thumbs down so simple, even a doctor could understand

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkF
In medical terminology, Lamont is "suffering" bi-polar affective disorder with schizoid tendencies, atypical depression, and a high degree of mania. In short, he is dilusional with grandiose egoism, and is very close to the edge right now. How he acts it out, we have seen. This has nothing to do with a student being loyal to a teacher whom he thinks is no longer guilty of being what he is, but it has much to do with the kind of person Lamont shows the world he is. If he is not on any kind of antipsychotic medication, he will do this again.
Thank you for putting this in terms even a doctor could understand.

Quote:
He cannot help himself. It is not the student's fault, it is the fault of Lamont himself, and to a certain degree, to those who haven't convinced him he has done wrong. Unless he is forcibly treated, you can bet on a recurrance, and it is not so far to believe he has done so all ready.
I am relieved that someone else has spoken out to this extent. What worries me - is that recidivists know that the stakes are raised - that if they are caught again - their prison sentence will be much longer. Sometimes that inspires them - at the time of their offense - to ensure the victim can never speak up at a later date. It is because of that general "progression" that we see in repeat offenders that I am worried. It would be tragic to see the same course of events repest themselves - it would be horrible if Lamont follows the path that statictically is likely...

Quote:
Lamont's histrionics on Houston's interview with him are obvious. He really believes he has done nothing. In fact, I am glad Houston made it out of there in good health.
You would find agreement with my wife, my attorney [who almost disowned me for going in with Lamont with only a tape recorder], the prosecuting attorney in Wake Co. DA's office, the investigating officer, adinfinitum...

I was about to bail out on this meeting - and even wrote an email of explanation to eveyone I told about it - but I wondered to myself - what is the price of remaining silent? Who else is going to take the risk? Given the silence of the legit aikido community in NC, the answer was clear. So - in I went.

Quote:
Lamont is a monument to the genius of people like him. He is intelligent. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he scored high on a psychometric exam, extremely high. After all, he is covincing many people of his lies, so much so, that he himself believes them.
I agree.

Quote:
Mr. Gillespie should not be "outed," but instead should be considered a vicitm. Monsters as Lamont cannot help themelves.
I agree. I felt like reaching out to Mr Gillespie and telling him that it is not he that I feel is a danger. But then I thought about it. John Lamont is using Mr Gillespie. Lamont has convinced Mr Gillespie that he is not a threat. And in that position, he helps to convince others that Lamont is not a threat. How do you think new students are recruited in their dojo? It gives me chills...

Quote:
Their lies are what keeps them going. His maniacal rantings in the interviews are not unusual, but they are obvious. He has managed to convince people, even those in high places that he has done nothing. This is another symptom. He is clever.
To a fault it seems. I am relieved that his confidence in that cleverness allows him to spout of so. Wthout his own mistaken belief of infallability, he wold have never opened up with the audio tape running.

Quote:
Lamont's rantings should be made available to everyone experienced in treating such people as testimony that bi-polar affective disorder is not just a personal illness. It can have consequences and I do believe we will see it again. Schizoid tendencies are there and are becoming worse. These people cannot be cured but they can be controlled, but someone is going to have to enforce his medication regiment. Otherwise, he will be just another example of this recidisism. He will act again, if he hasn't all ready.
Thank you so much for taking the time to establish the conclusion that I think any right-minded individual would come to in review of the evidence.

I have one question:

If I had made the assertions that I had in my original post - without the audio tape and publicly available newspaper records - where do you think this conversation would be?

Best regards,
Houston Haynes

Houston Haynes
http://www.hhaynes.com